[Beau-tea] My Sephora Skin IQ Experience

Sephora & Pantone Skin IQ Match

Sephora has teamed up with Pantone (the color forecasting Power House) to take the hassle out of finding the perfect shade of foundation by providing customers with a complimentary skin IQ reading. The Skin IQ device scans your skin and matches you to hundreds of cosmetic products that are located right within Sephora.When I found out that Sephora offered a skin IQ scan  for free from my college instructor a few weeks ago I couldn't wait to go give it a try, and share my experience with all of you.

 My Skin IQ Scan

Getting my skin IQ literally took one minute.I was assisted by an awesome beauty advisor Cherrill, she was very helpful and definitely knew her stuff. She used the pantone scanner to capture my pigments in three different areas my forehead,cheek and neck.After 3 quick snaps I was immediately assigned my IQ number and was able to view hundreds of products carried by Sephora that matched my skin IQ on the stores computer screen.

My Skin IQ Product Matches

My Color IQ number is #2R14.But Cherrill the sephora beauty advisor felt that my assigned IQ number was a few shades too dark. She also explained to me that sometimes the IQ device is inaccurate and used more as a helpful tool guide to help the beauty advisors find a the perfect foundation shade for customers.



My skin before and after foundation was applied

Cherrill suggested that I try the "Makeup Forever" brand Mat Velvet #80 vs. me trying the Mat Velvet #85 as suggested by the Pantone skin IQ results. As you can see from the photo above the Mat Velvet a perfect match. I absolutely love how easy the apply was and how natural it looked on.I've never tried "Makeup Forever" products before but I'm definitely making the switch to this brand!
Me and Sephora Beauty Advisor Cherrill

My overall Sephora SKin IQ experience was fun, especially because I was assisted by a great beauty advisor who was helpful,kind and even gave me a small lesson on how to contour.If you live in the Saint Louis Area you should definitely go visit the Sephora at the Galleria Mall! They have exceptional customer service, great products and awesome beauty advisors.

XoXo
-Laydee Posh

For more information on the Skin IQ system or to find the nearest Sephora visit www.sephora.com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. This definitely helped and the foundation looks flawless!!

    ReplyDelete